A MAAEMO Guide To Mature Skin
A MAAEMO Guide To Mature Skin
As we mature our skin care needs continually change, that's why it is important to make sure your skin care meets the needs of your skin.
As we age, the outermost layer of skin (epidermis layer) begins to thin. This means the skin's overall complexion can appear more translucent. Age spots begin to darken (SPF is a must!) and overall skin elasticity will decrease.
For women the production of oils in the skin will begin to decrease once menopause has begun, this can make it harder to keep the skin hydrated and may lead to dryness.
To keep skin hydrated, smooth and boost collagen production we recommend the below step-by-step routine to help fight signs of premature aging and support overall skin health!
- CLEANSE with our Rejuvenation Clay Cleanser. Lower levels of oil in the skin can make it even more sensitive to harsh cleansers, it is important to select a cleanser that is gentle on the skin and won't strip natural oils! Our Rejuvenation Clay Cleanser is rich in Hazelnut oils which will deliver essential fatty acids to the skin, boosting the production of collagen. Hazelnut oil contains vitamin E which will help to improve skin elasticity while moisturizing.
- EXFOLIATE with our Fruit Enzyme Refiner. To ensure products are being absorbed into the skin it is important to exfoliate weekly, gently loosening dead skin cells to reveal a smoother, more refined complexion. Our Fruit Enzyme Refiner utilizes Diatomaceous Earth as a physical exfoliant to scrub the skin, rich in the skin loving mineral silica this refiner will help to strengthen collagen production.
- HYDRATE with our Revitilize Facial mist. This botanical tonic will deliver an instant hit of hydration to the skin. Rich in Kakadu Plum, this mist will deliver essential vitamin C to the skin, helping support collagen production and brightening the skin's overall complexion. Echinacea extracts will help to boost the skin's moisturising properties, while Bilberry extract will deliver essential antioxidants which will help to protect skin cells.
- PLUMP with our Hydra Lift Eye Gel. Packed full of powerful active ingredients this eye gel contains caffeine, Hyaluronic Acid (HA), Wakame extract and gingko which work to hydrate, depuff and boost circulation. Wakame extract is derived from seaweed, it has anti-aging properties which help to improve skin elasticity and prevent free radical causing enzymes from damaging the skin. Caffeine will help to increase circulation, depuffing the under eyes. Hyaluronic Acid will restore moisture levels, reducing the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- HYDRATE with our Hydrating Face Cream. Restore moisture levels with our lightweight, fast absorbing face cream. Mixed in with SPF or under makeup this moisturiser is the perfect addition to a mature age skin care routine. Gotu Kola extracts will help to boost collagen production while green tea extracts will deliver antioxidants to protect & repair skin damage.